Labour pledges to:
Freeze Council Tax until 2024 to help residents with the cost of living crisis.
End the waste of our money on vanity projects like the Marble Arch Mound.
Develop ‘community hubs’ that offer Council and other essential services, as well as community activities.
Rethink our city with a ‘Future of Westminster Commission’ to put residents first.
Funding for the Future
- Complete transparency about the Council’s budget and responsibility for cuts
- Find new, fair, sources of revenue and ways to use existing funds for new purposes.
- Cut waste, mismanagement, and Conservative pet projects.
- Campaign for reform to local government funding and additional powers.
Transforming How Westminster Works
- A root and branch reform of Westminster City Council to put residents first.
- Be an open and transparent Council, ending the years of Conservative mismanagement and lack of accountability.
- Give residents a far greater say in how the Council operates.
- Improve conditions for those who work for the Council, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it will help us improve service quality.
- Find new opportunities to design Council services together with users of the service.