Westminster Labour’s programme of Active Travel programme continues with a consultation on C43 which is currently underway until 11th June.
The Council, in partnership with Transport for London, is proposing a new cycle route connecting Hyde Park with the existing facilities at Gloucester Place. The C43 route is proposed to run via Stanhope Place, Connaught Square, Kendal Street and George Street.
The scheme aims to enhance cycle safety and connectivity with improvements to nine junctions. It will benefit all people who want to walk and cycle in the area. Proposed changes include:
- Wider and less cluttered footways
- Shortened pedestrian crossing points
- Improvement of cycle facilities
- Introduction of traffic calming features
- Reallocation of parking to make the route safer
- Clear cycle route wayfinding signs
- Additional trees and benches
Give your comments here