Clean streets are one of our top priorities and we are determined to do all we can to tackle the problems caused by the small minority of people and businesses who continue to dump rubbish on the street. We have identified 100 dumping ‘hot spots’ across Westminster and we have set up a Waste Action Squad to tackle the challenge of dumped waste and littering. The Waste Action Squad is a multi-agency team working with the community to identify effective solutions to address dumping hotspots across the city.
The Waste Action Squad started on Monday 10th October with a week of action focused on ‘hot spots’ around the Edgware Road and Hyde Park ward area.
The key objectives for the team are:
- To provide a highly visible operation that shows this is an area of focus and that we are acting against persistent problems and offenders
- To engage residents and businesses in a practical conversation about waste problems in their neighbourhood.
- To gather residents’ and business views into how these problems could be tackled together
- To educate residents and businesses on the best ways of disposing of their waste to keep their streets clean and tidy.
- To create an action plan to tackle these issues.
We get things done!