WEST END LABOUR CANDIDATES
Westminster City Council has lost its reputation for keeping our streets clean.
Bin bags, carrier bags, take away boxes, dumped household belongings and commercial waste now litter pavements in our community.
Fitzrovia residents have had to step in by forming the Fitzrovia Rubbish Action Committee (FRAC) (which Labour Cllr Pancho Lewis has worked with and supported) to tackle fly-tipping and rubbish dumping in our community.
Despite this, Conservative -led Westminster Council appears not to recognise the state of our streets. Conservative party literature brags about how clean Westminster’s streets are. But it Fitzrovia this doesn’t reflect the reality of our neighbourhood.
Your local Labour candidates, Paul FISHER, Patrick LILLEY, and Jessica TOALE are committed to tackling waste and making sure that commercial entities are fined for playing fast and loose with the rules on rubbish disposal.
Fitzrovia waste survey
Our promises to you:
- Zero tolerance policy of immediate fines for rubbish dumping and making use of
CCTV cameras to identify culprits at “hot spots” across Fitzrovia.
- Reduce fly tipping by reforming fees and charges for bulky waste collection.
- Increasing city inspector patrols, making it clear that preventing dumping is
- Protecting existing bin collections whilst campaigning for additional
- Developing a smart phone app to make it easier for residents to report waste
- Promoting planters to prevent dumping by beautifying our communal spaces