St John
St John's Wood Station


News from your Westminster Labour Councillors

Dear Resident

I hope that all is well

As you will know, Westminster City Council has a Labour majority for the first time ever and we are busy working to improve services and the environment for residents.

It has been a hectic few weeks getting to grips with my new responsibilities as Cabinet Member for City Management and Air Quality, which includes waste collection, recycling, highways, parks, cycling, walking, trees and air quality.

One of the issues on which I am keen to get residents’ comments is the introduction of the new food waste recycling collection service.

I would be very grateful if you could let me have your comments on the new food waste recycling collection service, as well as any comments you have on the general waste and recycling collection service.

Here is some other general information which I hope you find of interest

Waste/recycling collection and street cleaning

Waste/recycling collection and street cleaning schedules for all streets can be checked at:

Recycling bags

Recycling bags can be ordered from Bags will be delivered within approximately 10 days of order.

Recycling small electrical appliances

Any household electrical and electronic item that operates on a battery or has a plug and is smaller than 60cm in length and under 30cm in width and height, can be put in an on-street small electrical appliances recycling bin. For details of locations see

Handyperson service

Westminster residents aged over 60, or in receipt of disability benefit, can request free help from a handyperson. The service covers minor works to a home such as replacing light bulbs and other small DIY jobs. It does not cover gardening, plumbing or decorating, and it is not an emergency service. Please see the following link for details

Electric Car charging points

Charging points have been installed in lamp columns across the area and you can register your interest in having a lamp post charger installed near you by completing the form below. You can also register an interest in having stand-alone charging posts installed in your local area.

Report It

You can tell the Council about dumped rubbish, broken street lights, graffiti and more by using Report It

Street Link

If you see anyone sleeping rough, please contact Street Link who are able offer help and assistance. You can contact Street Link 24 hours a day at

‘Westminster Extra’

You can read the ‘Westminster Extra’ online

Many thanks


Councillor Paul Dimoldenberg

Cabinet Member for City Management and Air Quality

Westminster City Council

Regent's Park underground sign
Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search