It has been a long and hard-fought election campaign. Labour candidates across Westminster have met with so many residents, learning about the challenges they face from the cost of living to the need for cleaner streets. It is clear that many people are fed-up with Boris Johnson’s Conservatives here in Westminster who have been wasting your money and taking you for fools. They have become tired, out-of-touch and incompetent, wasting £6m on the Marble Arch Mound while local people struggle with rising bills. It’s time for change and only Labour can beat the Conservatives here in Westminster.
Labour has a plan
We would deliver a Council that puts residents first. That means fairer housing for renters, tenants, leaseholders and owners, safer communities, a greener and cleaner city, an economy that works for local people and a Council that stands up for their interests. We’ll put residents at the heart of our decisions, and campaign for a government that is on their side.
A Labour Council will be on your side:
- Freezing Westminster’s Council Tax until 2024 to help with the cost-of-living crisis.
- Putting the needs of residents before developers in the planning system.
- Keeping our area safe with more police to tackle knife crime and Council action on anti-social behaviour and rubbish dumping.
- Standing up for better NHS services against cuts and sell-offs.
A Labour Council will care for our local communities by:
- Reinvigorating our neighbourhood high streets to better serve local people, with more jobs and more green spaces to spend time in.
- Building more Council and key worker homes to give families a future in Westminster.
- Protecting private renters through more action against bad landlords and rogue letting agents.
- Improving opportunities for children and young people, and support our older and vulnerable people.
- Placing the climate emergency at the centre of the Council’s work by mandating low-carbon developments, urgently retrofitting homes and cleaning our air.
Labour Group leader Cllr Adam Hug said “Our candidates are working hard in all our communities across Westminster and will put the interests of residents first if we win on Thursday. If elected we will freeze the Council tax until 2024 to help tackle the Conservative’s cost of living crisis. Please vote Labour on Thursday 5th May to build a fairer Westminster.”
Click here to read Labour’s 2022 election manifesto.
To find out where your polling station is visit: I Will Vote