Job Title: Borough Organiser
Working For: Westminster Labour Group
Location: Maida Hill, London but with travel around the City of Westminster as required.
Salary: £31,231 (full year equivalent)
Length of Contract: Fixed-term contract until 31st May 2022.
Hours: 5 days (33.75 hrs) per week, including some evening/weekend work. (Open to other options for the right candidate)
Closing Date: 1st August 2021
Westminster Labour Group seeks a borough organiser to help with campaigning and communicating our message to Westminster residents, to help us make real gains at the 2022 local elections and create a historic opportunity to win the council for the first time.
Westminster has been moving towards Labour over recent years with hard fought elections in 2018 that laid the ground work for what will be an extremely close race in 2022. The role will help our candidates fight an exciting and dynamic campaign, building on the hard work put in by councillors and members over many years. We will be fighting to build a better future for Westminster that is fairer and greener, delivering more social housing, fighting for private renters and protecting those most in need.
Purpose of the post:
The post holder will coordinate the delivery of the Westminster Labour campaign for the 2022 local elections.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- being employed or working as an election organiser for the Labour Party.
- organising campaign events and motivating volunteers.
- designing graphics and writing copy for campaign leaflets.
- using social media to run effective campaigns.
- managing and developing volunteers.
- working on their own initiative; able to take operational decisions themselves, seeking sign-off where appropriate.
- To work with the Labour Group to develop and run the Westminster Labour campaign for the 2022 local elections.
- To work with CLPs, branches, councillors, Karen Buck MP and London Region towards this aim.
- To produce campaign literature, deliver digital and social media campaigning, assist with communications where necessary and keep the Westminster Labour website up to date with news articles.
- To lead and organise campaigning activity, coordinating with the Labour Group, Westminster’s two CLPs and their campaign co-ordinators.
- To attend meetings of the Labour Group, CLPs and Local Government Committee as required.
- To help build closer links with local communities, including public engagement visits and events.
- To provide training to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, voter i/d (doorstep and telephone), registration and postal votes.
- To identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising and campaigning.
- To work with the Labour Group, candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop, motivate and organise members and supporters.
- To help build up membership, membership capacity and activity in the Borough in line with the Party’s aims and objectives.
- To work with the Labour Group and LGC to develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes.
- Other duties: This is not intended as a fully comprehensive list of duties and the post-holder may be required to undertake any other duties as reasonably required in the context and level of responsibility outlined in the overall objectives for the post.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in Westminster (in person, though we can accommodate remote interviews if needed) week beginning 2nd August.
Ideal start date: 1st September 2021
Applications should consist of a CV with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. Please send this to email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have prior to application.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, particularly from those in traditionally under-represented groups, and do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristics. If you have a disability or long-term health condition, and require any accommodations during the recruitment process, or would like us to provide any information in an alternative format, please let us know so we can assist.