It’s sad to report at this time of national crisis that criminals are seeking to make money out of our fears and distress, often from older and vulnerable people.
Here are just some of the scams that have been spotted, but please note that criminals come in all shapes and sizes and can contact you at the door, by phone, post or online:
- Virus testing kits – these are only available from the NHS
- Vaccines or miracle cures – there is currently no vaccine or miracle cure
- Overpriced or fake goods to protect yourself from coronavirus
- Shopping or medication collection services
- Home cleaning services
- Emails saying that you can get a refund on taxes, utilities or similar are usually bogus
Stay vigilant and do pass on this info to as many as possible!