Meeting the Hyde Park Estate Association
We were delighted to attend the meeting of the Hyde Park Estate Association on 14th June at Abasto on Connaught Street. Many issues were raised by residents including:
- the need for more CCTV cameras to monitor and tackle anti-social behaviour. We will be taking this up with the Council.
- the need for more police officers on the street 24/7, day and night and at weekends. We will be pressing the Government to increase their funding to the Metropolitan Police.
- the continuing problems caused by Airbnb short term lettings in terms of anti-social behaviour, rubbish dumping on the pavement, prostitution and noisy parties. We will be continuing to support Karen Buck MPs campaign for compulsory Airbnb registration
- helicopter noise from the police and film companies. We will be contacting the police and the Royal Parks about this.
- noise from the summer Hyde Park concerts. Residents suggested that the stage be turned to face the south in future. We will take this up with the Royal Parks.
- sculptures at Marble Arch – can the ‘green horse’ be returned? We will ask the Council about this.
- can road narrowing be introduced to slow down traffic? We will take this up with the Highways Team
- al fresco dining – residents indicated that they would be happy to see the return of outdoor dining on Connaught Street. We will take this up with the Council.
- proposed TfL cuts to bus routes due to the Government’s failure to provide sufficient financial support – we urged residents to respond to TfL’s consultation on the proposals to cut a number of local bus routes, including the 6, 16, 27 and others