Councillor Maggie Carman is working with Bayswater Covid-19 Mutual Aid and Community-Based Response Team – a group of volunteers that are recognised by Westminster City Council.
The Team deliver aid to those in isolation or are otherwise unable to support themselves. They say:
- We operate with your safety in mind – Our volunteers operate under a strict code of conduct to ensure that our community remains safe.
- Please do not open your door to strangers
- Our volunteers work in teams of two people. We introduce ourselves as volunteers from: BAYSWATER COVID19 MUTUAL AID
- We will contact you by phone or text before we arrive to confirm that we are coming.
- We will not enter your home but will leave parcels on the doorstep and stand at a safe distance to talk to you.
- We will pay for your shopping and will give you a receipt. You can pay us by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
- We aim to supply every item in your list but may need to use our discretion to make a substitution.
- Our volunteers are healthy adults. We practise rigorous hand washing and sanitising.
Contact information – 020 8123 7839