LABOUR’S KEY PLEDGES: A Westminster for the many not the few.
If elected on May 3rd a Labour Council will:
- Build many more new Council and lower rent homes while scrapping Westminster’s divisive homelessness policies
- Stand up to Conservative government cuts and restore support for vital public services such as our youth clubs, children’s centres and support for the elderly and vulnerable
- Provide a planning system that puts residents first, making developers pay their fair share, restricting the spread of new tall towers and ‘iceberg basements’
- Fight for fairness in our communities by supporting the London Living Wage and defending the rights of our EU Citizens
- Protect our citizens against crime and antisocial behaviour by fighting Tory police cuts and investing the Council’s community protection work
- Create a cleaner, greener city with action on air quality, tree planting, support for cycling and a focus on fly-tipping.
For more details about what Labour is proposing please read our manifesto for the 2018 Council Elections.